Thursday, July 5, 2018

Peach, strawberry, and blueberry baked stuff

Pie

  • peaches, strawberries
  • sugar, flour (about 2/3 a cup each)
  • two frozen pie crusts
I mixed all the fruit up, spooned it into the crusts, and baked it for an hour and 10 minutes at 350.

Cobbler
  • peaches, strawberries
  • blueberries, nectarines
  • sugar
I used the crust recipe from Smitten Kitchen's Crispy Peach Cobbler

I did several different mixes of fruit - strawberry and peaches, nectarines and blueberries, and all the fruit left together in a big dish. Some I sprinkled sugar on, some I forgot. You're supposed to drizzle hot water on the crust and sprinkle sugar, but I just wanted it done with. Did I mention my a/c has died and it's now 83 degrees in here?

Now it's 85

I think my biggest problem is not cooking it long enough - the fruit gets cooked through, but it's still a little watery (which I don't mind) and the crust is doughy in spots. But since it's basically a sweet biscuit crust - butter, sugar, flour, and milk - it's not like it's gonna kill anyone. I think I need to cook them longer and in shallower pans. I suppose I could use my actual pie pans, but then I'd have to clean them out... or maybe I have foil pie pans. Also wrap the edges in foil but with the heat like it is I simply couldn't handle having the oven open that long.

Definitely going to have some to freeze after this....










No comments:

Post a Comment