Saturday, August 4, 2018

Baking for work

I've had a ton of baking stuff collected that I kept meaning to do something with, probably for the January bake sale. Well, that didn't happen. Then it was summer, and my a/c went out and anyways I finally got to the Friday of the summer book and bake sale. Then, of course, I decided to make stuff.

I melted the rest of the white chocolate (dipping) that I had gotten and dipped pretzel sticks in it then shook toffee bits over them. Then I discovered that the chocolate was getting thicker. The internet was not helpful in suggestions and I tried butter, which turned it into a kind of frosting. So I frosted the rest of the sticks and added mini chocolate chips. Finally, I just dumped the rest with the pretzels in a big lump intended to chop it up for cookies later. I put all of them in front of my a/c to cool, since it's the only cool place in the house (note - even turned down to 60, which is as cold as it goes, it's still 75 in the kitchen...)





Then I used the basic Nestle chocolate chip cookie recipe. I threw in the rest of the mini chocolate chips and toffee bits (probably some white chocolate in there as well.)



That was all I had time for, which left a huge mess in my kitchen a ton of stuff still to bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment