Sunday, August 5, 2018

Tiered skirt for Sara the Librarian

Used
  • McCall's pattern 7604 (view C)
    • Removed the waistband, expanded the first tier with tissue paper, folded over the top for a drawstring/elastic
  • Fabric
    • First tier - premium cotton, watercolor floral on cream, JoAnn 15833171 (2 yards)
    • Second tier - premium cotton, pink and pearl packed flowers, JoAnn 15833254 (1.5 yards)
    • Third tier - premium cotton, watercolor floral on navy, JoAnn 15833387 (2.25 yards)
  • Notions
    • 2.5" white lace swirl, JoAnn 3883642 (6 yards)
    • Gutermann thread color no. 323
After I made the three tiers and hemmed and added lace to the bottom (yes, I had not yet gathered or stitched the tiers together) I realized that I should have gone with my initial estimate of 15+ yards of lace, since I wanted to add extra on each tier. Then I decided that it really would have been over-kill on the lace anyways. My mom gathered one tier and then I finally finished the last one. I double-stitched the gathers. I had second thoughts afterwards - was it too pink? too bright? but I figured we could add a lacy overskirt or just pass it on and try something else.



No comments:

Post a Comment