Saturday, September 29, 2018

Poppy skirts

Used
  • Simplicity pattern 2609
    • My adaptation I use for skirts - cut shorter and a simple elastic waistband, addition of a patch pocket.
  • Fabric
    • Poppy fabric I've been saving for a long time - Patty Reed circa 2006, probably purchased at JoAnn.
  • Notions
    • Gutermann thread color no. 420


Used
  • Simplicity pattern 2609
    • I used the short tiered pattern (I think it's view B) but I copied it on tracing paper so I could split the tiers into the two different fabrics. Then I realized that I was running out of green, so I had to piece it together! I used the top half of the second tier (the traced piece) to cut 5 additional pieces on the fold for a third tier.
  • Fabric
    • Poppy fabric I've been saving for a long time - Patty Reed circa 2006, probably purchased at JoAnn.
    • Kona Basil Green
  • Notions
    • Gutermann thread color no. 420, 788, and 211
    • Coats white thread (for basting)
    • Simplicity cotton lace trim 3874161 and a small piece of thicker cotton lace.
Basic tiers - then I zigzag stitched across the gathered hems, hemmed, and added lace and elastic.





Little bag for a pocket to carry keys

No comments:

Post a Comment