Monday, July 4, 2022

Finishing projects

 It's hot, my internet has been buggy for the last few weeks, and it's disconcerting to wake up one morning and find out the hard-won rights of being considered a full human being have been stripped from you. Not unexpected, but depressing. So I've been finishing projects, reorganizing fabric, and listening to old mysteries on and off, as my internet allows.

I did some mending, decided some things weren't worth mending, started altering a skirt I'd made too small, retired some skirts, and did laundry. I pinned a dress I tried to alter - I need some tape to sew it, and then we'll see how it turns out. I have two embroideries from my friend who died last year that I'd like to frame, but I think I need more time to figure out how to do it.


Head scarf. My hair gets in my eyes and on my neck.

Pre-made sundress - the top is smocked and you just cut and sew it together.
I might add straps later, maybe not.


A quilt square hand-pieced and sewn by my
great-great grandmother. I put a few layers of 
batting and a pink background and hand-sewed the 
border. My mom has added it to the quilted pieces
she's keeping on her couches.


No comments:

Post a Comment