Friday, August 5, 2016
Well....blanket stitch was NOT as easy to do as it looked. I ended up trimming the bird a little and that didn't go well, plus I don't think an eye is really what it needs. I like the wings though. Kind of.
Two more mice.
The giraffe's body is done. Then I realized that its legs would be easier on a machine...
Two more birds in progress. No more blanket stitch for me!
I tested a pattern (and discovered the wonder that is Undersummers) and so now I have two skirts. The patch pockets were my own addition. Because you have to have pockets.
This one is a little below the knee. The elastic waist is really too loose, but I'm too lazy to fix it.
This one is about calf-length. The original pattern is about ankle-length, and I still might shorten this, as it's really hot this summer.