This has been around for a loooong time. I last worked on it in 2015! I still had a lot of strips left (I got rid of the extra squares long ago) and decided to let those go as well. I just did a plain muslin back for the quilt top and zigzag stitched the edges. I will NOT be quilting with this again - the fabric is so thin it stretches and wiggles all over the place, sheds threads, and generally drives me crazy!
Tuesday, July 4, 2017
Sara had a dress that she wanted to be a skirt and I agreed to try. The first snag I ran into was that while the skirt was cotton, the top was stretchier. I chopped off a sleeve and tested it - seemed to sew ok.
Then I cut off the bodice
I tacked the top to keep it from fraying then folded it over and sewed it along the seam
A little tricky, but I think it worked
There's a space left to put in an elastic waistband and/or drawstring as desired.
My skirts were done except for pockets and final edging. This main part of this skirt is made out of an odd fabric I've had for years - it's almost stiff and it broke my sewing machine needle! I added a pocket with zigzag stitching.
I was thinking of doing a quilted pocket for this skirt and even got a fair way into it before actually laying it against the skirt and realizing it didn't look right at all. I'll save it for a mini quilt. I made the skirt pocket out of the same patterned white on the yoke and added lace (hand stitched the rough edges at the back)
Just simple red pockets worked nicely for both of these, and I finished hemming them since the edges were just tacked down.
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
Sunday, June 18, 2017
Saturday, April 1, 2017
Sunday, March 26, 2017
Sunday, February 26, 2017
Thursday, February 2, 2017
Friday, January 13, 2017
I got home at nearly 7, thanks to having to stop and argue with evil phone companies. Then I had another hour or two on the phone. I am still mad. Then I finally tackled the rest of the baking.
Melted chocolate for the caramel peanut clusters. Yes, it's messy.
Leftover chocolate and peanuts (I broke it up into chunks)
Batches of butterscotch cookies
Chocolate caramel peanut candy hardening
The finished produce - one tub of chocolate peanut caramel candy, one box of....a TON of cookies and chocolate peanut chunks.
I didn't finish until nearly 1am. I hate everything. I am done.
Wednesday, January 11, 2017
Night 2 of baking. Grim determination is writ upon my face.
Caramel peanut clusters cooling
Melting the last of the caramel - all the clusters are done and cooling. I will dip them in chocolate tomorrow. The book sale starts on Thursday, so I'll bring them in Friday.
Baking the M&M cookies I made the dough for last night.
Two batches of chocolate chip dough.
M&M cookies finished. I labeled them "gooshy M&M cookies" and packed them up for the sale tomorrow.
I batch of butterscotch cookie dough.
Sweet cornbread muffins
Damnit the bottom stuck. Guess I'm eating this cornbread. *mutter*
So, current total for bake sale - 1 box of gooshy M&M cookies, six large sweet cornbread muffins. To do Thursday evening. Melt chocolate and coat caramel, bake the rest of the cookies. To do Friday morning - hopefully everything will be cool and I'll pack them up. Phew!
My feet hurt.