Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Mending

My heat went out so I did the dishes, put away the laundry, took out all the trash, and tackled a bunch of mending projects I've had around for a.... long time. Don't ask me why, maybe I should be cold more often and I'd get more done.

I had a cheap scarf that I bought when I was a teen with frayed edges - I gave up and tossed that, the material was too cheap and I couldn't mend it. I had a little quilted thing with my name on it from when I was a kid - it used to be on a bag - I decided I didn't need it and tossed that too. I bought a darning egg to try and mend my special mittens. I'm going to bring back a pompom to fix a little stuffed bunny and I'm going to need a few other things to fix this little toy I have. I still have Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle's clothes to recreate.

I restuffed and sewed back up this little reversible doll - it goes with a bigger reversible doll. It's about four inches tall.

I've had this pillow for years - my grandmother made it, I think? I replaced the fur (NO, I didn't buy any bunny fur! There was a little envelope of fur with it and I'm not going to waste it!), restuffed, and resewed it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment