Sunday, April 1, 2018

First attempt at a shirt

This was Simplicity pattern 8052. Well, that was an epic fail. I suspect this might work better with a knit, rather than cotton, but there were many factors involved. It's basically a front and back and you sew them together in sections. I found the facing around the collar very tricky (and also, I suspect, unnecessary, even though I left out the interfacing). The sleeves crimped and that part was several inches too small anyways.

When I did the bottom half, I found that it didn't match the top - I'm not sure if I cut it wrong or what, but there's supposed to be a dart in front and gathers behind. Basically it didn't match! I didn't bother to hem the bottom - I was able to get it on, but the sleeves and back were so tight I couldn't lift my arms (and had trouble getting it off!) while the lower "skirt" part was way too big, making it look like I was wearing a badly fitted scrubs top. Back to the drawing board! Skirts are a LOT easier!





No comments:

Post a Comment