Sunday, March 19, 2023

Chocolate-peanut-caramel clusters


This time I am going to keep track of how I do it with notes for next time, if there is a next time.

Supplies

  • 5 lb brick of Peter's caramel from Amazon
  • 4.5 lbs of milk chocolate, dipping chocolate
  • 1 big container of cocktail peanuts
  • freezer paper
  • all the pans I could collect
  • double boiler
  • butter
Heat up the double boiler, melt slices of caramel with frequent stirring. Dumped in peanuts and poured it out on freezer paper on a pan. Filled two big pans and let cool.

Then I cut the caramel into squares, melted the chocolate, and dipped them, putting them back on the freezer paper to cool in front of an open window. I didn't have quite enough chocolate and I also got tired of the fiddly work at the end, arranged a bunch of the squares, and poured chocolate over them. When it cooled, I cut them up again.

I think I could do this and space them farther apart, letting the chocolate go around the squares. If I get up the energy to do this again, I'll consider it. Now I just hope they don't melt before we can sell them.


No comments:

Post a Comment