Sunday, January 14, 2018

Batik skirt for Librarian Sara

Still trying different patterns. This was a McCalls pattern and I have NOT had good luck with them in the past. Either I'm really not good at sewing or their patterns have definite flaws. Naturally, I prefer to think it is the latter. It's supposed to have side seam pockets, but thankfully Sara does not like them, because they're extremely annoying to try to do. I used a dotted zigzag overstitch and discovered, belatedly, that if you do something wrong it's almost impossible to remove! Which I guess is half the point. Anyways, the main problem was that the waistband twisted and didn't come out even. I have one more pattern to try and then Sara can tell me which she likes best and I'll use that one. Or keep looking for a better one.


Batik pattern


Twisted waistband. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment