Saturday, January 13, 2018

Corduroy skirt

I've had this corduroy for a long time - I had a dress pattern, but I took so long to make it that I no longer fit in that dress size. So I got another pattern and then the same thing happened.... anyways, I finally just made it into a skirt. After I'd cut out all the pieces, I realized that I couldn't just sew it like regular cloth (while I was half-asleep in bed this morning actually) because it frays so much. So I investigated and actually used a presser foot I've never used before and overstitched all the seams. Then I went over them again with a zigzag stitch. I don't really want to put a patch pocket on this one and seamed pockets are just too much work, so I was thinking maybe I'll just get a little bag or ribbon for my keys. As you can see, I didn't really bother about matching the grain, which is just one of the reasons I am NOT a professional or anything and I wish people wouldn't say I know all about it. I'm far too lazy to make really good clothes.




No comments:

Post a Comment