Sunday, December 7, 2014

Macaroni and Cheese

This is adapted from the Eating Better cookbooks which do have the occasional non-healthy meal which does not taste like it was made of cardboard (I'm looking at YOU whole wheat noodles).

2 cups macaroni (I can never remember if you're supposed to boil covered or uncovered so I tend to do it differently every time)

Sauce

  • 3 tblsp butter
  • 4 1/2 tblsp flour
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 2 cups grated cheese
There's an actual way you cook white sauce, but I've forgotten and it's too much work anyways. I melt the butter, mix the flour in a little at a time, then the milk, stirring so it stays smooth, then add the cheese and stir until it melts.

Mix with noodles and bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes.

My mom always put bread crumbs on top and I tried that this time, but there must be some trick to it that I don't remember - probably a lot more melted butter in the crumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment